Functional foods are foods that you probably eat every day and is regarded as functional
if it demonstrates to benefit one or more functions in the body beyond its traditional
nutritional benefits. Functional foods contain ingredients that promote and maintain
health and address specific functions towards diseases such as heart diseases, high
blood pressure, diabetes, weight management and some types of cancer. As proven by
researchers, impressive studies have shown that combining functional foods strategically
in our diet can contribute to positive, preventive and therapeutic health effects.
Incorporating functional foods in our daily meal plan is easier than you think. Functional
food serves a vital role in promoting a multi-facet of health benefits and here are some
general improvements you can expect to experience.
- Improved energy levels, speeds up metabolism and feel less lethargic
- Less irritable moods, feel less emotional and have better focus
- Healthier skin with improvements in skin irritations and inflamed skin
- Improved gut health, inflammation and overall digestive function
- Prevention of diseases and keeps illnesses and some types of cancer at bay
- A natural way to manage existing medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease
and autoimmune diseases
- Aids weight loss and weight management
Start a healthy lifestyle regime with functional food added recipes in your meal plan
What’s Functional Food?
- What’s Functional Food?
- How to benefit from Functional Food?
- Why do we need Functional Food?
- Who would need Functional Food?